Thursday, June 7, 2012

Crafting Along with needle and thREAD


This week I decided to try out a pattern. It was such a cute little dress and I couldn't help myself. So I went against my better instincts and cut out the pieces. The dress part was easy, but I had major issues with the neckline. Perhaps it was due to my lack of ironing skills. Perhaps it was too late at night. I don't think that the pattern itself was flawed as many people have had great succes with it. Patterns and I just do not do well together.



After many attempts, I decided that I had some really cute ribbon that matched the fabric print and I would rather use it anyway.

In the end, Bunny still got a chicken dress. It turned out a little shorter that I usually make them due to the change in the neckline. Still very cute, and she likes it. I have a good bit of leftover fabric, so I plan to make one for Squirrely as well.

As for my reading... I have been too nesty, too tired, too Braxton Hick-ish, too fidgety to stick with one book.  So my reading has consisted of online birth stories, favorite blogs, quick pick-ups of favorite birthing books (Ina May among others), and plenty of Bunny's favorite books!


Having fun with the following linky parties: Mom's Monday Mingle, Tatertots and Jello, Sundae Scoop, Delicately Constructed Fridays, Creative Friday, needle and thREAD, Keep Calm and Craft On, WIP Wednesday, Made With Love, Making Monday Marvelous and Homemade By You!

10 comments:

  1. That is such an adorable little chicken dress! But even more adorable is your little daughter! :)

    ♥Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is so sweet! I tend to like dresses longer myself but on a little girl like your daughter short dresses look cute. You can always make some small bloomers to match if modesty seems an issue or just have her wear shorts underneath. My girls do that a lot with dresses so they can play outside without fear of showing off what should not show. Wish you the best with your labor . I'll be there soon too. Number 5 is about due.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you on the good labor wishes! When are you due? Sooo exciting, isn't it!

      Delete
    2. Yes it is exciting!

      Next week. I'm mostly on time but number 4 was almost a week late. Labor pains (as in I really felt like I was going to have her)started on her due date and then suddenly stopped for two or three days straight. We walked all over the place and she finally decided to arrive. I was super glad because I I hate when doctors start talking about inducing.

      Delete
  3. Sweet fabric! I wouldn't have known you had any trouble with the neckline, and the ribbon looks like it was meant to be there! Would be really cute with some capri leggings, too ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle and Meadow- there will definitely be something under this is she wears it outside anywhere LOL She has long leggings, but bloomers and/or capri leggings would be great! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute fabric!I think she looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute dress. I like the neckline, even if it did give you trouble. Also love the fabric choice. What a cute model =)

    ReplyDelete