Monday, February 18, 2013

A Snowy Day with Nana


Several times a year, Nana likes to set aside a day for the parents of her grandbabies to go out on a date.  The littlest babes tag along with the parents and Nana gets to have the olders all.to.herself.  A couple of weeks ago, three grandbabies and one nana had a wonderful six hours, accompanied at times by Katie... Nana's youngest child and the beloved auntie to the granndbabies!



The day started off with some block play! 
The girls made horse fencing.


MonkeyBoy made a tiger cage!


Next up: Some fun with playmobile and Katie.



The girls were enthralled with MonkeyBoy's storytelling skills!
  
And being read to is always a favorite thing to do at Nana's!


A bridge through the alligator swamp!!



More snuggly reading time!


 After lunch, we decided to go on an outside adventure. 
We were curious what the nature path looked like with a few inches of snow!








Nana and her grandbabies!!





Making snow angels!





   And.... sled riding!!




We had just gotten inside, changed into dry clothes, and were warming up with some healthy hot cocoa when the parents arrived!

It was a great day!



Each week I joined several linky parties!  What a fun way to share and learn! 
Monday's Kid Corner, Hey Mom, Look What I Did!, Montessori Monday, Made by Little Hands, Homemade Mondays, Mama Moments Monday {Link Up}The Children's Bookshelf,  Little Wonders' Days,  Mom's Monday Mingle,  Hip Homeschool Hop, Tuesday Tots, (tot school tuesday)Tactile Tuesday,  The Tuesday Baby Link-Up, Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}, Teach Me Tuesday, TOO Cute Tuesday, Open Call Tuesday, Backyard Farming Connection Hop, Waldorf Wednesday, It's Playtime, Mom's Library, Kid Lit Blog Hop, We Made That Linky, What I Learned Wednesday, Super Link Party, Artsy Play Wednesday, Healthy 2Day WednesdayMommy Club Link-Up,  Adorned From Above, Frugal Days, Sustainable WaysKids Crafts,  Kid's Co-Op, Link and LearnHearts for Home Blog Hop,  Thrifty Thursdayneedle and thREAD, Made U Look, Natural Living Link-Up,  Family Fun Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday, Read. Explore. Learn., Preschool and Kindergarten Corner, Friday's Nature Table, Creative Friday, Friday Flair Link Party, Shine on Fridays, Friday FavsWeekend Whatever, Outdoor Play PartyTGIF Linky Party,  Do Something Crafty, Sharing Saturday, Share It Saturday, Country Kids, Link and Learn, sharing creative, ideas {all weekend}, Show and Share Saturday, The Sunday Showcase, The Preschool Prekinder Nook, Fun Sparks, The Sunday Parenting Party

And each week I co-host two such parties:  The All Year Round Blog Carnival and
Eco-Kids Tuesday Link-Up!

 

10 comments:

  1. Aren't grandparents the best? I love when my mom watches my little guy. It looks like the kiddies had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! My mom was great about making sure we had date nights. However, I think I'm closer to Nana's age than yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bunny and Katie look alike! I didn't know you had a little sister. She's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, my little sister. is the almost 16 year old in the pics. I have LOTS of younger siblings... when I was eight, my parents adopted a sibling group (who were 8, 6, and 5 at the time) and then when I was 12, they adopted another sibling group from Pittsburgh (who were 9,8, and 4.. which was Katie!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics!! I only miss the snow when I see kids playing in it, and I'm reminded of my own childhood!! Just swinging by from the Monday hop...new follower! Hope to see you stop over to High Heeled Mama sometime soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You Nana is a gem, looks like the kids are having a magical time out there in the snow! We have had a taste of the cold weather this week but sadly no more than a few flakes of snow. I am still hopeful we might manage a snow angle like your children before Spring arrives! Thank you for joining me on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like everyone had a great day, I know that my mum loves being a Nana & when her granddaughters come to visit, she loves the 'mess' they create - I think she misses it so mch when they go home & the house is tidy again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so great! I'm so happy we live closer to family so BabyE can spend lots of time with his Nana and Papa. He absolutely adores them! Thanks for linking up with the Tuesday Baby Link Up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son loves the snow too. Great pics. Thanks for linking up at Family Fun Friday! http://happyandblessedhome.com
    Sincerely,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun, wonderful day!! I am sure your grandkids will remember the great times they have with you! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete