Tuesday, August 11, 2015

To DIY For

On a recent date with Papa, we stopped in a thrift store. I found a pair of jean shorts, on a clearance rack for $1. They were too small for me, but I tend to pick up amazing things no matter the size because someone in my family can wear it. I had my sister, Katie, in mind. I also had a major refashion in mind. My dear little sister forced a fake smile, but I could see her disbelief that these "mom shorts" could ever be cute... Oh, ye of little faith!

I chopped off about two inches. I could have gone a little shorter, but didnt really want to make them into short shorts. It's a fine line between bermuda shorts and Daisy Dukes. I also took in the legs a bit cause the were really wide.

I distressed several places, but made sure that none of the holes would show too much skin in the wrong places.

Lastly, I cut triangles in the sides and sewed in some old lace to add a nice detail.
 
I washed and dryed them twice so all the distressing would fray. Popped them out of the dryer and voilĂ !

A success, if I do say so myself.

Her whole outfit was thrifted for grand total of eight dollars. I love it. She loves it... What's not to love?

2 comments: