Thursday, September 20, 2012

Crafting Along With needle and thREAD

This past week I (again) just did little projects, in between the rest of my life.  One project I was happy to take on and will be repeating, maybe many times over, was making soft soled baby shoes.  Bee (my sister's littlest one) was in need of a new pair, as she had outgrown the white OBV pair bought for Birdy a year or two ago.  The old shoes had an OBV sole, but I wanted to use some very soft leather for the sole, since Bee is a walker now.  It worked great!  I have a little tweaking to do to be totally happy with them, but I am tickled that I can make baby shoes!

 Old Pair............New Pair



And for good measure (trying to make up for my lack of sewing-craftiness) here is the ring I made myself.  I saw similar ones in an Etsy shop... mama and baby nursing.  I really enjoy working with wire (except for the sore fingers).  I have some other projects going on that I will share soon!




The book.. since it is a reference book, I can pick it up and put it down as needed.. reading little snippets of info as I can.  Good stuff!



Linked to~

6 comments:

  1. Your shoes look great! I loved the idea of making shoes for my babies (and collected a good bit of thrift shop leather ;-) but I wasn't always thrilled with my results. I've improved a lot as a seamstress in the past few years - maybe I should try another pair....

    ReplyDelete
  2. A baby/toddler shoe tutorial perhaps? I vote yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The slippers are adorable and that ring is the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love trying things myself, before buying. Great job on the shoes and ring. Thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shoes are cute and I love the ring. You did a great job. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/how-to-make-natural-tinted-lip-balm-and.html
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete