Saturday, September 3, 2011

Back To Basics ~ Homemade Happiness

I sewed my first... ANYTHING!

I finally decided to learn how to use my sewing machine. 
After some fussing, some fighting, and some fixing, I got it working right.

Sew... I made an awesome skirt for Bunny out of a yard sale shirt!

This is how I did it:




Step 1~ Find an awesome shirt at the yardsale.





Step 2~ Cut off the top.




Step 3~ Flip inside out and turn down waistband
(leave enough room for elastic).

 Step 4~ Learn how to use sewing machine, sew waistband, insert elastic,
and forget to take pictures (smack self in head).






Step 5~ Inspect work.





Step 6~ Add some extras.





Step 7~ Find a shirt in the closet to make a cute outfit.


Will add a picture of Bunny in her new skirt ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment